Creating a practical storage system is simple with the right tools. Here’s what you need:
- 1 x empty Persil Powder box
- Paint (opaque, color of choice)
- Glue stick or hot glue gun
- 2 x piece of fabric 33 x 24,5 cm
- 2 x medium thick cardboard 33 x 24,5 cm
- 1 x piece of fabric 12,5 x 38,5 cm
- Double sided tape
We all have that old t-shirt we don’t wear anymore, but can’t throw away for sentimental reasons. To add a personal touch to this craft, upcycle this beloved piece of fabric, by using it to make the drawers and outer cover.
How to make a DIY makeup and jewelry storage system
Here’s how to build your new DIY organizer:
1. Paint your empty Persil Powder box in a color of your choice. Take the previously prepared cardboard pieces and paint one side of each. Let both the paints dry completely.
2. Carefully cut off the lid of the box and set it aside.
3. Create the drawers with the cardboard pieces following the steps below:
a. Take the painted side and draw very lightly a line down the long side of the cardboard (33 cm length) using pencil and ruler. The line should be exactly 4 cm away from the edge. Repeat on the opposite side.
b. Draw two parallel lines also on the shorter side of the cardboard. The first line should be 4 cm away from the edge of the cardboard, the distance between the first and the second line should be 4 cm as well. Repeat the same procedure also on the opposite shorter side of the painted sourface.
Tip: The graphic shows you a template.