Upcycling your empty Persil plastic bottle into a flower vase is fun, simple and only requires a few common household tools. Here’s what you need to get started.
What you need
- 1 x empty Persil Gel bottle
- Paint (Multi-surface paint designed for plastic)
- Utility knife
- Air-drying modelling clay
- Small piece of sponge
- Small stones
- Design stencils of choice
How to create a DYI flower vase: Step by step
After gathering your materials, you’re ready to start! Here is how to create your DIY Persil vase.
Before starting with your crafting make sure the bottles you will be using are empty and clean from any detergent residue. Tip: remove the spout from your Persil bottle, close it only with the cap and place the pack upside down to let the remaining drops of products to empty the bottle before cleaning it and using it for upcycling.
1. Carefully remove the front and back label of your empty Persil bottle. Tip: you can use warm water to help you removing the left over of glue and label and make your working base smooth.
2. Paint the bottle using a waterproof plastic compatible paint. Let the paint dry completely and apply a second coat if necessary.
3. Using ruler and pencil, mark a straight line where you want to cut the bottle top off. Draw the same line on the bottle handle, a few centimeters below the line on the bottle. (Be careful not to cut the handle too low or the water will spill out)